National News/ 19 October 2023, 16:02pm/ Mandla Nkosi
Mangaung Metro Executive Mayor, Cllr. Gregory Nthatisi:image supplied
By Mandla Nkosi: In a significant move to foster efficient governance and service delivery, Executive Mayor, Cllr. Gregory Nthatisi, announced the permanent members of the Mayoral Committee (MAYCO) in a press conference held on Thursday October 19th.
The team of ten, including a newly appointed City Manager, is set to play a pivotal role in leading an effective Metro.
The Executive Mayor also introduced Mr. Sello More as the new City Manager for the metro, marking a critical step in fortifying the administration. “The appointment of Ntate More is a milestone for the municipality in ensuring that we bring the city to its mode of how things must be done; to come strengthen and straighten up the administration of this city and to make sure that accountability and delivery of services to our people is done,” said Cllr. Nthatisi.
The Mayor further noted that the recruitment process for the City’s departmental heads is well underway, with most procedures nearing completion.
“We have been in working mode even in our acting capacities…as one of our first priorities, we will have a session tomorrow where we will outline our plan of action that will define our era of appointment,” Cllr. Nthatisi commented. He emphasized that the action plan would have definite time frames and deliverables.
The newly appointed MAYCO team comprises:
* Finance – Cllr. Logan Kruger
* Engineering and Infrastructure – Cllr. Vusi Soqaga
* Public Safety and Transport – Cllr. Lulama Titi-Odili, who will also serve as the Deputy Executive Mayor.
* Corporate Services – Cllr. Manthuse Letawana
* Community Services – Cllr. Alfred Qai
* IDP and Performance – Cllr. Sibongile Tsoleli
* Waste and Fleet Management – Cllr. Theodorah Mosala
* Human Settlement – Cllr. Ntombi Nhlapo
* Planning and Economic Development – Cllr. Nthabiseng Jonas
* Agriculture and Rural Development – Cllr. Pani Twala
These strategic appointments come at a crucial time when the city is striving to enhance service delivery and drive a more accountable administration. The new MAYCO team, under the leadership of Mayor Nthatisi and City Manager More, is poised to lead the Metro towards new heights of administrative efficiency and public service.