Local News /06 May 2022, 09:49am/ Thabiso Ndoba
Mangaung Council Speaker Stefani Lockman-Naidoo:image supplied
Bloemfontein: All councillors of the embattled Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality, are attending training to receive financial skills.
The municipal’s speaker, Council Speaker Cllr Stefani Lockman-Naidoo, in collaboration with, the South African Local Government Association (SALGA), entered in agreement to train all councillors.
The training is focused mostly on issues of compliance, finance, budgets and governance so that Council decisions are guided by the legislative frameworks that regulate local government.
SALGA in collaboration with the National Treasury, Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (CoGTA), and South African Revenue Service (SARS), are currently rolling out a two-day Portfolio Specific Induction for MPAC and Finance Councillors for Mangaung Metro Municipality.
The event is expected to end on Friday, 06 May 2022.
The event is aimed at capacitating Section 79 and 89 Committees on their oversight roles and responsibilities.
In other news, SALGA Women Commission elected Councillors to the following roles of the commission:
1. Provincial Commissioner – Cllr Nozilelo Ntema
2. Fezile David District Commissioner – Cllr Nthabiseng Mokodutla
3. Xhariep District Commissioner – Cllr Nthabiseng Gaarekoe
4. Lejweleputswa District Commissioner – Cllr Veronica Ntakumbana
5. Thabo Mofutsanyane District Commissioner – Cllr Phani Fume
6. Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality – Cllr Lulama Titi Odili
All these members were sworn in by Cllr Stephanie Lockman-Naidoo, who as a Commissioner of Oaths has powers to administer oaths.
Free State Insider