Security guard raped and robbed by two men while walking home from work

Crime/ 27 February 2020, 15:45pm/ The Insider Reporter

Senekal: A male security guard who was trying to get home quicker by taking a shorter route after knocking off at night ended up being robbed and raped by two men.

The rape took place on Saturday in Senekal, Free State around 21.30.

It is alleged that the 43-year-old man was walking home from work when he decided to go through the old Ditjhobo Stadium as that would help him get home faster.

However, Free State police’s Motantshi Makhele said two assailants attacked him.

“The victim met with two male suspects who attacked and threatened him with a knife then robbed him of cash and cellphone. The suspects allegedly undressed him and took turns raping him then left him alone at the scene.”

“After the attack the victim walked to the Senekal police station to report the incident and was later taken to hospital for further assessment,” he said.

Makhele said the victim told the police said he was unable to to identify the suspects.

A case of rape was opened at the Senekal Police Station.

** Police are appealing to anyone who has information to contact Detective Captain Modikwe Lesetla at 0825542004 or call SAPS Crime Stop number 08600 10111.

In another incident a 25-year-old woman has been arrested for allegedly stabbing a colleague to death for an issue that had started at work.

Makhele said the two women had an argument on the farm where they both work on Tuesday.

Later that night, the suspect was allegedly still worked up about the argument and she armed herself with a knife and went to 24-year-old Mamoelo Kooko’s place to confront her about what had happened earlier.

She allegedly stabbed Kooko on the chest and she died at the scene.

“Police were summoned to the scene and found a woman lying in a pool of blood. The suspect was arrested immediately and the mother of the deceased who works in another farm was informed of the incident. She identified the decease as her daughter.

The suspect appear before the Warden Magistrate court on Thursday for a charge of murder.

The Star


Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: